You may be asking yourself, why should I buy the MSV Racing OptiFlo ’89-’01 Honda CR500 billet High Flow 7* elbow? Especially when I already have an OEM or OEM billet replica.
Let’s count the reasons why the MSV Racing ’89-’01 CR500 billet “OptiFlo” High Flow 7* Coolant Elbow is superior.
- The FIRST BIG reason it dominates the OEM and OEM billet replicas! Fully radiused interior VS sharp 90* turn with minor corner fillet. The 7* elbow has a fully radiused interior profile which, as a result, causes a dramatically smoother flow, relieves back PSI, and reduces aeration.
- The SECOND BIG reason it dominates the OEM and OEM billet replicas! Elbow to cylinder coolant port aligned correctly VS misaligned from the factory. The 7* Elbow outlet port is shifted and aligned “correctly” to the cylinder inlet port reducing turbulence/aeration and smoothing flow VS misaligned from the factory.
- The THIRD BIG reason the MSV Racing ’89-’01 CR500 billet “OptiFlo” High Flow 7* Coolant Elbow dominates the OEM and OEM billet replicas! Pivoted to point directly at the H20 pumps discharge port VS spigot not in line with the H20 pump port. The 7* Elbow inlet spigot is pivoted to point directly at the H20 pumps discharge port VS OEM and OEM billet replicas spigot not pointing at H20 pump discharge port. Boosting cooling system efficiency.
- The FOURTH Big reason it dominates the OEM and OEM billet replicas! Spigots lead in the profile is tapered VS Square edge. The 7* Elbow has a 6mm 3* lead in taper. This lead-in taper maintains a smooth laminar flow as it transitions from the hose to the elbow’s inlet reducing turbulence/aeration and backpressure.
The MSV Racing ’89-’01 CR500 billet “OptiFlo” High Flow 7* Coolant Elbow dominates the OEM and OEM billet replicas!
- Flow bench testing showed .954 AVG GPM more flow than OEM/Replicas.
- Textured or Cerakote Thermal Dispersant coated black.
- Viton (OEM size) O-Ring provided.
These MSV Racing enhancements result in a dramatically smooth flow and relieve back PSI. Consequently, they greatly reduce aeration and boost cooling system efficiency over the OEM or billet replica elbows. Additionally, it adds a premium look and durability.
Replaces 12103-ML3-680 JOINT, WATER HOSE, and 91356-GC4-731 O-RING (22.1X3.5)
|Dimensions||4 × 2 × 2 in|
HONDA CR500R 1989, HONDA CR500R 1990, HONDA CR500R 1991, HONDA CR500R 1992, HONDA CR500R 1993, HONDA CR500R 1994, HONDA CR500R 1995, HONDA CR500R 1996, HONDA CR500R 1997, HONDA CR500R 1998, HONDA CR500R 1999, HONDA CR500R 2000, HONDA CR500R 2001